Mediterranean diet recipes are not only known to encompass many healthy ingredients but famous for its taste too. The diet emerged from the villages of Mediterranean countries and now no longer remains a secret to a healthy lifestyle. In case you don’t know, the Mediterranean diet helps prevent heart diseases.
What renders the diet a little different from other traditional diets is the fact that it is not just a diet with reduced and tasteless food, but it’s a diet plan with recipes that enriches your taste buds. These recipes involve both traditional and modern ingredients and follow a unique way of cooking.
That’s why, today, we look at three Mediterranean diet recipes to get you going. These recipes will help you achieve your goal of a healthy and balanced diet. So let’s get to these recipes.
1- Chorizo Pilaf
Let’s start with one of the best Mediterranean diet recipes, the Chorizo Pilaf, that you’ll instantly love.
Chorizo Pilaf is so far the most famous and delicious lunch recipe. It’s rich in nutrients and looks yummy with its color combination that attracts the eye. With Chorizo and rice as star ingredients, your inner self will thank you for this wonderful diet treat.
So, without waiting anymore, here are the ingredients you’ll need to prepare Chorizo Pilaf. After that, we’ll look at the procedure.
- Onion: 1, sliced into thin chunks
- Garlic cloves: 4, chopped into a fine paste
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp
- Chorizo: 250g, sliced into pieces
- Rice: 250g
- Paprika: 1 tbsp, smoked
- Tomato: 400g, finely chopped
- Stock: 600ml, fresh
- Lemon: 2, zest peeled off
- Parsley: a bunch, chopped
- Take a pan and put it on the burner, the right-sized lid with the pan is a bonus.
- Let it heat with 1 tbsp of olive oil in it.
- Add the onion slices in it and keep mixing until the onion turns into brown, 5 mins, preferably.
- Later add Chorizo in the pan too and give some additional time to it to change the color into brown.
- Now add the chopped garlic cloves and 1 tbsp of smoked paprika in the pan.
- Stir for two minutes and now add the chopped tomatoes too.
- Leave the mixture in the pan for heating for about 5 minutes.
- Now it’s time to add in the stock, rice, and also the freshly peeled lemon zest.
- Maximize the heat to a little more than medium, but not high exactly, and wait for a boil to come.
- Now turn the heat at low temperature and put on the lid on the pan and wait for 10 mins straight.
- After 10 minutes, do not remove the lid still but turn off the heat below.
- Let the recipe cook in the steam for more than 10 minutes, undisturbed.
- Remove the lid now and serve the pilaf in the dish.
- Sprinkle the parsley on the dish. It’s ready.
2- Mediterranean Strata
The second recipe on your list is Mediterranean Strata. It’s bright in color and has a rich taste to satisfy your cravings. You can enjoy it at any time of the day.
Most Mediterranean diet recipes use sun-dried tomatoes that are nutrient-driven and has a crisp taste to enhance the aroma and flavor. This recipe does the same, and more so, a cup full of mushrooms adds a cherry on top.
Here’s what you’ll need to prepare Mediterranean Strata.
- Garlic cloves: 2, chopped
- Shallots: 2, minced
- Butter: 3 tbsp
- Mushrooms: 1 cup
- Marjoram leaves: 1 tbsp, dried
- Eggs: 6
- Kosher salt: as required
- Basil leaves: 1/4 cup
- Half and a half: 1 and a half cups
- Mozzarella cheese: 1 cup
- Parmesan cheese: 1/4 cup, shredded
- Tomatoes: 1/4 cup, dried
- Kalamata olives: 1/4 cup
- Artichoke hearts: 1/2 cup
- White bread: 6 cups, cut into chunks
- Melt the butter and brush it inside the baking or serving cups.
- Add the rest of the melted butter in the skillet.
- Now add the chopped garlic and shallots and stir for a while.
- After 2 minutes, add the mushrooms and also the marjoram leaves and let the mixture catch the heat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the stove and shift the mixture in a large bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In the large bowl of the mushroom mixture, now add the bread pieces, artichoke hearts, tomato, olives, Parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
- Mix the mixture well.
- Beat the eggs in another bowl and mix it well with half and half.
- Now fill the baking cups mediumly with the bread and mushroom mixture.
- Then add around 1 cup of egg mixture in it.
- The mixture should not be pouring out of the cups, avoid overfilling.
- Put the baking cups in the oven tray over a baking sheet and wait for 50 minutes.
- After the timer beeps, take the strata ready cups out of the oven and let them rest for 5 minutes. Serve, eat, enjoy.
3- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
Although the Mediterranean diet is majorly famous in Italy and other Mediterranean counties, Chickpea salad is the most energetic snack in Asia as well.
The fact that the Mediterranean diet has reached all around the world now and the people are after unique Mediterranean diet recipes is the reason why we’ve brought you these amazing diet food.
Chickpea alone outweighs the health benefits of most of the other natural ingredients if you maintain its regular intake. Here’s what you’ll need to get started.
- Chickpeas: 3 cups, boiled
- Red bell pepper: 1 medium, cut into slices
- Olive oil: 3 tbsp, extra virgin
- Parsley: bunch, chopped
- Onion (red): 1/2 cup, chopped
- Garlic cloves: 2, minced
- Celery: 1/2 cups, chopped
- Lemon juice: 3 tbsp
- Black pepper: 1/2 teaspoon
- Kosher salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- Take a bowl and add the following things, as mentioned above: lemon juice, olive oil, garlic cloves, black pepper, and kosher salt.
- Mix the dressing well with the help of a fork or spoon.
- Now take a separate bowl and add all of the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix the lemon olive dressing with the chickpea mixture and toss the ingredients nicely. Serve.
You cannot count the health benefits one gets after acquiring the Mediterranean diet. But your chances of suffering from heart-related diseases dramatically reduces if you follow Mediterranean diet plans.
Mediterranean diet recipes are not so difficult, and you can easily add them to your routine if you wish to add these tasty yet healthy foods in your diet. Also, it’s a great kickstart if you want to stay healthy.